Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Stroll through Rome

Whenever we plan a trip, whether a day trip or long vacation, we make a list of activities or sights that are must-see and do.  On every list, my contribution is... "I just want to walk around the town and streets."  I have always been more interested in just walking around a town or city among people living their lives than visiting a museum.  AJ loves history and museums.  He can and will spend hours upon hours looking at and reading everything there is.  While he is perfectly content spending his vacation checking off museums, I want to walk up and down the streets, sit in a cafe, visit a park, and read a book.  Rome proved to be the perfect combination to satisfy our two distinct traveling interests. 
A narrow street blocks from the Colosseum








Cafes were at every turn.  I was instantly drawn into the charm of sipping an ice tea, reading a book, and people-watching from such a quaint location.


As we strolled along the streets near the Colloseum, we just happened upon an Italian film crew taping a scene for a movie.  These two actors are apparently in love in the movie.  While we had absolutely no idea who these actors were or even if they were famous, we still stood on the corner and gawked through two or three tapings of a thirty second scene.  As we were standing there, I jokingly stated to AJ, "We won't find this in a museum!"

The location of our first taste of Italian pizza...it did not disappoint!





The character and architecture of each street and building had me taking photos at every turn.  The balconies filled with flowers added to the beauty of each of the buildings.
One of the funniest sights on our stroll through the streets were these two signs.  A few stickers turned these standard "Do Not Enter" signs into a something to chuckle at!

In addition to loving porches, I have a fondness for windows and flower boxes.  I found no shortage of gorgeous windows adorned with simple, yet beautiful flowers.

As I reminisce of my days strolling the Roman streets while feeling the warmth of the sun on my cheeks, remember the lights are always on!

~W

No comments:

Post a Comment